With the new GDPR regulations, our data collection policies have been reviewed and updated to make sure that The Blackbird Ponteland and your data that we hold is now GDPR compliant.
How we use your personal information?
At The Blackbird we take your data collection very seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the services which you have requested from us.
Where do we get your data from?
- At The Blackbird, we provide our clients with real ale comment cards where you provide your email address.
- At The Blackbird we have free WIFI for all of our customers, as a customer you sign in either through your social media pages or by entering your email address.
How we use your data:
- We only use your data to provide you with our products or information about our products.
- When details such as your address and bank details are provided, we only use this information to provide you with The Blackbirdproduct which you have requested.
- We use your email data to send you information such as news, offers or general information about our business, services or products we provide to you. You have the right to opt out at and request us to stop using your data at any time.
- At The Blackbird your information is never shared or sold to any third parties, it is solely used for the purpose that you provided it.
How long do we keep the data for?
- We do not have a time limit on keeping your data, therefore your information will be stored with us unless you opt out and ask to be removed from our data list.
- The GDPR regulation of ‘transparency’ means you have the right to be informed about how we will use your data.
- You have the right to request your data from us
- You have the right to complain to your data protection regulator – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s office.
How the law protects you:
The law says that we must have one or more of these reasons to collect your data:
- We can only collect your data with your consent
- If and when we need to fulfil a contract with you
- When it is our legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest (which we must clearly define)
Our privacy promise:
- We promise to keep your information safe
- We promise not to sell your data to third-parties
- We give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices; you can opt out or change your preference at any time.
- We keep a record of when and how we get consents and what you were told at the time of providing your data.
What if you ask us to stop using your data?
- As mentioned above, you can ask us to stop using your data at any time by unsubscribing and ‘opting out’ of being contacted further.
- You also have the right to query or complain if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection impact assessment
This will allow an organisation to identify and fix problems at an early stage.
For further guidance see the Information Commissioners Office: https://ico.org.uk/